WE4F is a joint international initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the European Union (EU), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of the Netherlands, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
WE4F is working to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains and address environmental and climate resilience in
developing countries and emerging markets – with a particular focus on the poor and women.
The East Africa call for innovations is open to for-profit businesses who are scaling ground-breaking water-energy-food innovations to impact food security, gender, and poverty reduction in an environmentally-sustainable way in East Africa.
Applicants should be operational in East Africa, with an annual turnover of between €50,000 to €500,000. We are looking for businesses who are looking to scale to new geographies, increase annual turnover, and raise commercial capital.
Apply now through June 15th to gain access to up to €500,000 in customized technical assistance by industry experts.
- Please refer to the eligibility criteria and confirm the innovation themes before submitting your application.
- Review all the questions and prepare your responses in advance, before you start filling up the application form online. You can download the application form questions here. *Note: all applications must be submitted via the application portal. Submissions via email or any other medium will not be accepted.
- Applicants can save their progress on the application form by clicking on the “Save” icon at the end and keeping a record of the generated link. Using this generated link, applicants can return to the in-progress application. Please note that the application must be submitted before the deadline.
- All questions marked with * are mandatory, please ensure you fill them before submitting the application.
- Please attach all the required documents and include additional documents that will provide more insights into your business and your innovation.
- Each descriptive question has a word limit specified, please refer to it while responding.
- Please note that no edits can be made to the application once it has been submitted.
- The deadline for submission is 15 June 2021 at 11:59 PM EAT; however, we do STRONGLY suggest not waiting until the last day.
- In case you have any questions about the application, please write to us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are facing any technical challenges with the application portal, you may request assistance from email@example.com
ABOUT WATER AND ENERGY FOR FOOD
Learn more about WE4F here.
Website : https://we4f.org/